SUMMER JUST GOT SWEETER WITH BRAVO'S "TOP CHEF JUST DESSERTS" PREMIERING WED. AUG 24 AT 10PM
SUMMER JUST GOT SWEETER WITH BRAVO'S
"TOP CHEF JUST DESSERTS" PREMIERING WED. AUGUST 24 AT 10 PM ET/PT
Beastie Boys’ Adam “Ad Rock” Horovitz, The Cast of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, Francois Payard and Cat Cora Serve As Celebrity Guest Judges
NEW YORK – July 20, 2011 – You can satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt when Bravo's most delectable series, “Top Chef Just Desserts" returns for a second season on Wednesday, August 24 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. 14 pastry chefs will see if they have what it takes to out bake, out blend and out brulee the competition where the main focus is the Achilles heel of most chefs: desserts. Gail Simmons returns as the host of this highly competitive series showcasing the best of the best in the world of pastry arts. Once again joining the judges' panel as head judge is Johnny Iuzzini, one of the country’s most celebrated and innovative pastry chefs and Executive Pastry Chef at Restaurant Jean Georges. Hubert Keller, critically acclaimed chef as well as guest judge on "Top Chef" and finalist on "Top Chef Masters," and Dannielle Kyrillos, entertaining expert and Contributing Editor of Food Republic will also serve as regular judges for the series.
"Top Chef Just Desserts" features 14 chef'testants who will be whittled down week by week as they compete to out-bake their competition. The winning chef will receive $100,000 furnished by KitchenAid, a feature in Food & Wine magazine and a showcase at the Annual Food & Wine Cayman Cookout. The chefs must face off in some of the most difficult and creative challenges we’ve seen thus far – from fairytale showpieces and edible room décor to high-class gingerbread houses and carnival delights – all while serving up these treats to some celebrity guest judges including: Beastie Boys’ Adam “Ad Rock” Horovitz, The Cast of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, Renowned Pastry Chef Francois Payard and Acclaimed Chef Cat Cora among others. For a sneak peek of the second season of "Top Chef Just Desserts" go to: http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef-just-desserts/season-2/videos/coming-up-in-this-sweet-second-season
The series offers a fascinating window into the competitive, pressure-filled environment of pastry chefs at the highest level. Each episode holds two challenges for the pastry chefs: the first, a quickfire test of their basic abilities and the elimination challenge designed to test the versatility and inventiveness of the pastry chefs. These chefs will prove that a little sugar and spice never tasted so nice.
To meet the cast of "Top Chef Just Desserts," visit www.BravoTV.com. Photography and bios are available at www.nbcumv.com.
Following are the 14 new "Top Chef Just Desserts" chef'testants:
- Amanda Rockman, 29 – Hometown: Katy, Texas – Resides in Chicago, Ill.
- Carlos Enriquez, 33 – Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif. –Resides in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Chris Hanmer, 33 – Hometown: Costa Mesa, Calif. – Resides in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Craig Poirier, 25 – Hometown: Derry, N.H. - Resides in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Katzie Guy-Hamilton, 24 – Hometown: Worcester, Mass. - Resides in New York, N.Y.
- Lina Biancamano, 37 – Hometown: Phoenix, Ariz. - Resides in Fort Worth, Texas
- Matthew Petersen, 32 – Hometown: Dublin, Pa. - Resides in Arlington, Va.
- Megan Ketover, 31 – Hometown/ Resides In: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Melissa Camacho, 30 – Hometown: Port-au-Prince, Haiti – Resides in New York , N.Y.
- Nelson Paz, 33 – Hometown: Buenos Aires, Argentina - Resides in Boston, Mass.
- Orlando Santos, 32 – Hometown: St. Croix, US Virgin Islands - Resides in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Rebecca Masson, 39 – Hometown: Laramie, Wyo. –Resides in Houston, Texas
- Sally Camacho, 31 – Hometown/ Resides In: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Vanarin Kuch, 26 – Hometown/ Resides In: Houston, Texas
The first season of “Top Chef Just Desserts” averaged over 1.2 million adults 18-49 and 1.9 million total viewers. The series is produced by the Emmy Award-winning Magical Elves with Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz serving as executive producers.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, L7 data.
Bravo is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Bravo has been an NBCUniversal cable network since December 2002 and was the first television service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. For more information, visit www.BravoTV.com. Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/BravoPR.
BRAVO MEDIA CONTACT: