mun2 WINS THREE 2012 PROMAX BDA AWARDS AND FOUR NOMINATIONS FOR 27TH ANNUAL IMAGEN AWARDS
LOS ANGELES – June 20, 2012 – mun2 won three Promax Awards at the 2012 PromaxBDA Promotion Marketing and Design Awards on Friday June 15 and received four Imagen Award nominations earlier this week. The leading Hispanic cable network received two Silver awards in the “Holiday Seasonal/Special Event Programming” category for its “Alma Awards” spots and for “Art Direction and Design: On-Air Illustration” category for its “Dia de los Muertos” IDs, and a Bronze award in the “General Entertainment – Bumper” category for “El Mas Chingon.” mun2 also received Imagen Award nominations for its original reality series “I Love Jenni” and “From Beyond,” its digital short form documentary “Black and Latino,” and its primetime program mun2 Presents: for the one-hour special “mun2 Presents Cristian Castro: Mi Historia” (see below for category and show details).
Click here to view mun2’s PromaxBDA winning spots: mun2.tv/node/1403164.
The PromaxBDA awards celebrate excellence, creativity and innovation in broadcast media and are voted on by the PromaxBDA Board of Directors and a select group of past Gold award winners. The Imagen Awards will be handed out on August 10th at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
“We’re honored to be recognized as leaders in our space by PromaxBDA and the Imagen Foundation,” said Diana Mogollon, General Manager, mun2. “These awards really validate our commitment to producing innovative content for today’s young Latinos, and speak to the strength of mun2’s best-in-class creative team. “It’s a great honor to be recognized by a prestigious organization such as PromaxBDA in such diverse categories that showcase our pioneering & innovative programming. “
"It is invigorating that the industry recognizes the quality of our work in such a competitive space,” said Ricardo de Montreuil, Vice President, Creative Director, mun2. “We are excited to be awarded for the sixth consecutive year by Promax BDA Awards North America."
mun2 has been honored with 20 PromaxBDA awards in the past six years. The PROMAX/BDA awards are widely-regarded as the industry’s leading competition honoring outstanding promotion, marketing and design work in broadcast media.
- “ALMA Awards”spot – Silver Award in Promotion and Marketing for “Holiday Seasonal/Special Event Programming”: mun2’s original spot, created to promote the 2011 ALMA (American Latino Media Arts) Awards, features top Latin celebrities and hosts of the 2011 Alma Awards George Lopez and Eva Longoria in an unfiltered environment where they engage in an entertaining bilingual conversation on the awards ceremony. The ALMA Awards scored the highest viewed show during the month of September and was the #1 show in Hispanic cable on mun2 among young Latino Americans (18-34). Click here to view: mun2.tv/node/1403153.
- “Dia de los Muertos”: Silver Award Design for “Art Direction and Design: On Air Illustration”: The spots celebrate the Mexican holiday of “Día de los Muertos” featuring a series of creepy but entertaining promos. The spots take traditional Latino themes of family and spirituality and give them a macabre twist. Click here to view: mun2.tv/node/1403171.
- “El Mas Chingon”: Bronze Award in Design for “General Entertainment Bumpers”: “El Mas Chingon” bumpers were created in conjunction with Scar Tissue for a reality singing contest seeking out the next regional Mexican music star. Featuring musical imagery, the bumper was created with 3D software and treated in After Effects.
mun2 has been selected as a finalist in four different categories for the 27th Annual Imagen Awards. Honoring positive portrayals of Latinos and Latino cultures in entertainment, the Imagen Foundation announced mun2 has earned nominations in the following categories:
- “Best Variety or Reality Show” for “I Love Jenni” – a one-hour reality series that follows the life of the Latin music superstar Jenni Rivera and her larger than life family. I Love Jenni is the most popular and highest-rated original reality series on the cable network.
- “Best Variety or Reality Show” for “From Beyond” – mun2’s chilling 13-episode, one-hour reality series featuring a young psychic medium AJ Barrera and paranormal investigators Christian Vera and Ramiro Ramirez who investigate and document paranormal activity in Latino communities in and around Los Angeles.
- “Best Primetime Program: Special or Movie-of-the-Week” for “mun2 Presents Cristian Castro: Mi Historia” – The network’s week-long tribute to the international superstar Cristian Castro offers viewers a collection of personal and in-depth mun2 interviews, network programs and web vignettes celebrating the artist’s upcoming release of “Mi Amigo El Principe” (My Friend the Prince) and features a historic in-studio conversation between Castro and Latin music icon Jose Jose.
- “Best Web Series” for “Black and Latino” – a mun2.tv short form documentary that explores the complexities of race in the Latino community through intimate interviews with celebrities including Christina Milian, Laz Alonso, Soledad O’Brien, Tatyana Ali, and many more.
mun2 (mun-dos) is the lifestyle Hispanic cable network for today's generation YLA (Young Latino Americans), 18-34. As the leading bicultural network that amplifies the Latino experience, mun2 is culturally relevant and uniquely American. From reality to music, on-air to digital, mun2 creates original content across a multi-screen platform. As the only nationally measured bicultural cable network by Nielsen, mun2 has an increased distribution to 37.5 million households, and is a part of Telemundo Media, a division of NBCUniversal.
Hanna Bolte, Vice President, Media and Talent Relations, mun2
Debbie Lazo, Manager, Media Relations, mun2