SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL” ON NBC IS PRIMETIME TELEVISION’S NO. 1 SHOW
NEW YORK – May 23, 2013 – Sunday Night Football on NBC finished this television season as the No. 1 show in primetime (Viewers 2+ and all key adult and male demos), based on Nielsen combo data and all 19 SNF telecasts. This marks the second straight television season, and the only two times on record, that a sports series has been the most-watched show of the primetime TV season.
For the 2012-2013 primetime television season, Sunday Night Football ranks as the most-watched show (21.5 million, viewers 2+), and the No. 1 program across the key demographics of Adults 18-49, 18-34, 25-54 as well as Men 18-49, 18-34 and 25-54.
- The 21.5 million average viewers for Sunday Night Football (all 19 telecasts) tops second place NCIS (21.3 million);
- In the advertiser-coveted Adult 18-49 demographic, SNF tops the second place show by two full ratings points (8.2 vs. 6.2 for Big Bang Theory);
- In the Adult 18-34 demographic, Sunday Night Football’s margin over the second place show is 60% (7.2 vs. 4.5 for Big Bang Theory).
OTHER SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL VIEWERSHIP NOTES:
- The 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons of Sunday Night Football are the first three seasons that an NFL primetime package drew more than 21 million viewers since the 1994-1996 seasons of Monday Night Football on ABC.
- The final average household rating of 12.8/19 (all 19 telecasts) is on pace with the last two seasons of Sunday Night Football and just one-tenth off of last year’s 12.9/20.
For more information about NBC Sports Group shows and properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.
--NBC SPORTS GROUP--